The International Foundation for Gastrointestinal Disorders (IFFGD) is seeking applications for the 2024 Early Career Preceptorship Award. The mission of IFFGD is patient oriented. Our goal is to fund high-quality educational opportunities for those serving patients in the GI illness community through clinical practice and/or research.
Description of Preceptorship Award
One award of $5,000 is available to early career physicians or advanced practice providers with an interest in clinical aspects of functional gastrointestinal (GI) and motility disorders to visit a medical center with expertise in these disorders for the period of four weeks.
This preceptorship award aims to recognize and support early career physicians or advanced practice providers with an interest in clinical aspects of functional gastrointestinal (GI) and motility disorders. It is intended to promote career growth through in-person interaction at a medical center with expertise in these disorders. This opportunity will allow for learning about clinical operations, observation in clinic and motility laboratories, and networking with clinicians who are experts in the field. This award consists of up to $5,000 to cover expenses related to working at the visited medical center, travel, food and beverage and accommodation.
To be eligible, investigators must have completed an MD (or equivalent) that was received not more than ten years prior to application, have a record of relevant research accomplishment, and be currently active in investigating basic, translational or clinical aspects of gastrointestinal illness within the IFFGD portfolio. They must have an appointment at an academic center with a title no higher than Associate Professor (or equivalent).
Allowable Budget Expenses
Travel related expenses include registration, transportation, lodging, and food and beverage. IFFGD is a registered nonprofit; therefore, all travel related expenses must be fiscally reasonable, necessary, and related to this preceptorship award.
- Transportation: This includes but is not limited to air, rail, bus, and car. Premium Coach, Business Class and First-Class air fares will not be reimbursed unless approved beforehand by IFFGD. Baggage check fees and travel-related parking are reimbursable.
- Accommodation: IFFGD will pay for all associated room fees and taxes but is not responsible for any direct room charges unless approved previously by the President of IFFGD.
- Food and beverage: IFFGD will reimburse reasonable costs of meals during the meeting. Only food and beverages consumed by the awardee will be reimbursed (one entrée/beverage per meal).
Applications are to be submitted by the candidate along with
- letter of request from the applicant
- letter of support from the applicant’s Program Director or Chief of Gastroenterology
- brief letter of invitation from the institution the applicant would like to visit
- curriculum vitae (CV) of the applicant
The deadline for submitting applications is Friday, January 12, 2024.
The application must be sent via email to IFFGD at firstname.lastname@example.org. The awards will be announced by email on February 16, 2024, and the winner will be acknowledged at the annual IFFGD breakfast at DDW2024 in Washington DC.
Direct questions as follows:
Via email about the grants or online submission instructions – email@example.com
By phone at 1-414-964-1799.