As president and founder of the International Foundation for Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders (IFFGD), Nancy J. Norton spearheads programs to increase awareness, education, and research of functional gastrointestinal disorders and develops relationships with the public and the medical community. Since 1991 Ms. Norton and IFFGD co-founder William F. Norton have grown the organization from a grassroots group to a nonprofit organization with worldwide representation.
The governing body (Board of Directors) of IFFGD is representative of the general public we serve and includes physicians and healthcare professionals from various disciplines related to digestive health and incontinence, as well as non-medical professionals from legal and business fields. Additionally, IFFGD has an Advisory Board that is made up of 60 medical professionals from various disciplines representing the USA and ten other countries. Many of these individuals are noted experts in the field of functional gastrointestinal disorders. Nine physicians serve on the Editorial Board of our journal, Digestive Health Matters.
- Nancy Norton Honored with Annual Achievement Award
- Digestive Disease Research is a Critical Component in Improving Women's Health
- Nancy Norton Named to National Commission to Digestive Health
- Nancy Norton Named to NIH Advisory Committee on Research on Women's Health
- IFFGD's achievement and timeline for Public Education and Professional Education