You can Take Action for Digestive Health
With the start of the 116th Congress, the Functional Gastrointestinal and Motility Disorders Research Enhancement Act will need to be reintroduced.
This landmark legislation needs your action to obtain Congressional support.
Contact your House Member.
You can identify and find the contact information for your Representative by going to www.house.gov. Simply enter your zip code in the top right corner of the page.
Call or send an email. Identify yourself as a constituent. Provide your name and address – City, state, zip.
Ask your representative to introduce the budget-neutral Functional Gastrointestinal and Motility Disorders Research Enhancement Act.
Read the text of the bill: Functional Gastrointestinal and Motility Disorders Research Enhancement Act
Six Tips for Talking by Phone to your Congressional Office
- Identify yourself as a constituent and ask to speak with the healthcare staffer for your Representative. If they are unavailable, you can leave a voicemail or leave your contact information with the staff member who answered the phone.
- Ask that your Member of Congress introduce the Functional Gastrointestinal and Motility Disorders Research Enhancement Act.
- Provide a short explanation of functional GI and motility disorders. Refer to the Quick Facts above.
- Briefly share your personal story of how one of these disorders has affected your life, or that of someone you know.
- Explain that the bill will significantly improve our scientific understanding of functional GI and motility disorders and improve diagnosis and treatments.
- Thank the staff member for their time and attention.
Give the aide your contact information and ask to be informed about the actions of your Representative on this key issue.